Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church (PCA) is passionate toward world evangelization and the planting of reformed, Presbyterian churches; thus, we are zealous for the fulfillment of the Great Commission mandated by our Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:18-20). To that end, the Missions Committee, under the oversight of the Session, administers and coordinates the local and international missionary outreach of our local church.
We work in several areas to fulfill that mission:
- Teaching on how biblical doctrine provides the basis for the work of missions
- Encouraging prayer and financial support in our members by making them aware of missionary needs
- Discovering, developing, and deploying new missionaries from within our congregation, the local seminary community, or from like-minded churches in our area
- Working with national pastors as they spread the gospel in their home countries, which alleviates language and cultural barriers
- Ministering to missionaries and national pastors as they consider, train for, and carry out their calling
- Sending short-term mission teams to help and encourage full-time missionaries on the field
- Directly supporting missionaries with ministerial and monetary resources
Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church prayerfully, financially, and ministerially support over 30 mission endeavors around the globe. In 2012 17% of the general church budget went to support these missions, which include indigenous pastors, church planting efforts, and mercy ministries. The total amount of contributions is actually higher when considering the dollars contributed by the congregation toward short term missions and the financial contributions made by individual members giving to their mission of choice.